Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe – www.irie-jamaica.com/jamaican-curry-goat-recipe
Posted on July 30, 2017 | By admin | Leave a response
Curry Goat Recipe – When I was experiencing childhood in Jamaica, Curry Goat was an exceptional dish made for gatherings and festivities. It wasn’t something you’d eat each day. Today, curry goat is as yet exceptional in my home contrasted with Curry Chicken, which I make constantly. For those of you who have never attempted it, it’s an unquestionable requirement have Jamaican formula. At the point when cooked right, you’ll see it more delicate and flavourful than any aggravation with you at any point had.
Jamaica’s curry dishes are the remainders of the island’s Indian populace. After servitude was canceled on the island, very nearly 40,000 individuals originated from India to deal with estates as contracted laborers. Over eras most intermarried with the bigger African populace, so Jamaica’s Indian people group today is minor in correlation. In any case, their impact in Jamaican cooking lives on in dishes like curry goat.
Contingent upon where you live, you may need to go to a butcher to discover goat meat. Be that as it may, in groups with expansive ethnic populaces you may even discover it at your neighborhood general store. I get mine at a neighborhood West Indian food merchant, where they cleave it into 3D squares (bones still in) ideal for making curry goat!
Curry Goat Ingredients
3 lbs Goat meat, hacked in 3D shapes
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black pepper
5-6 Tbsp Curry Powder
1 huge Onion, cut
4-6 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Scotch hood Pepper, cut and dispose of seeds (maneuver carefully)
4 Tbsp Cooking oil
4 containers bubbling Water
1 substantial sprig Thyme
1 medium Onion, cleaved
3 medium Potatoes, each cut in 3 pieces
1 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
Combine goat meat, salt, dark pepper, 4 Tbsp curry powder, 1 extensive onion cut, garlic, Scotch cap pepper. If it’s not too much trouble in the cooler overnight (or if nothing else 5 hours) to marinate.
1. Expel the cut onions and scotch cap pepper from the bowl of marinated goat meat and put aside.
2. Warmth cooking oil in extensive pot on High. Place goat meat in skillet and dark colored to seal in juices.
3. Once the meat is sautéed include thyme and some bubbling water; cover, bring down warmth to Medium-Low and stew for around 60 minutes
4. Slash 1 medium onion and add to pot alongside the cut onion and Scotch hat pepper that was put aside before
5. Include some bubbling water and heat to the point of boiling
5. Taste and evacuate Scotch hood pepper in view of your taste; add more curry powder to taste
6. Include potatoes and tomato ketchup; stew on low warmth for 1/2 hour, or until the point when the meat is tumbling off the bone
Present with white rice and a green serving of mixed greens